Thursday, October 27, 2011

Dish of the Week

Apple Bread Pudding
This is goooood!!!
I have a lot of apples. I'm supposed to be making apple butter for my husband. It will happen. I swear it will. (that is to keep me motivated). But until I get that done I will make a whole bunch of other apple dishes. And enjoy every one of them.
Here is the recipe for this yummy dish....

PUDDING

4 cups soft bread cubes

1/4 cup raisins

2 cups peeled and sliced apples

1 cup brown sugar

1 3/4 cups milk

1/4 cup margarine

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 eggs, beaten

VANILLA SAUCE

1/4 cup white sugar

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup margarine

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 7x11 inch baking dish.

2.In a large bowl, combine bread, raisins, and apples. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 cup brown sugar, 1 3/4 cups milk, and 1/4 cup margarine. Cook and stir until margarine is melted. Pour over bread mixture in bowl.

3.In a small bowl, whisk together cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and eggs. Pour bread mixture into prepared dish, and pour egg mixture over bread.

4.Bake in preheated oven 40 to 50 minutes, or until center is set and apples are tender.

5.While pudding is baking, mix together sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup milk, and 1/2 cup margarine in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat, and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Serve over bread pudding.

1 comment:

Lidyll said...

Hi there!
..again*smile*

...I just found a post you did on my blog and some of my ideas. It made me so happy to see! Thank you!*smile*

...and then i had a lille look around here! I was so inspired by this recipe! It looks amazingly good!
I just have to try this*smile*

Have a happy day!
Best whishes,
Lidyll

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs