Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dish Of The Week

Apple Crisp
Apple Crisp Recipe
Photo from here
This is my favorite dish to make when the weather cools. My parents have a small apple orchard and I love that I live close enough to share in their bounty. And it is such a delicious bounty! I had this for breakfast this morning.
Such a good way to start my day!

The recipe I use is a very old one that I love. It doesn't have oats in it but you won't miss them. I've had many compliments over the years and if you make it expect it to be gone very quickly.

My Mom's Apple Crisp
6 apples, peeled and sliced
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t cloves
2 t lemon juice
Mix together and place in 8 x 8" pan.
1/2 c sugar
3/4 c flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 c butter (soften a little bit)
1/4 c chopped nuts (opt)
Mix together and sprinkle over top of apple mixture.
Bake at 375 deg. for 45 min.
Warm it up and eat it with ice cream!

Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs