Monday, March 14, 2011

The Answer To My Design Prayers

I have a sad little wing-back chair that I found at a yard sale in 1994. It is a very old chair. The original stuffing was horse hair. So, yes, very old. But the frame is in amazing condition. I had it reupholstered in 1996 and it served me well for over 10 years.
 Now it looks like this...
And I need to reupholster it again. But this time around I am going to do it! (at least that's what I've been telling myself for 2 years now.) I had been putting it off because I wasn't sure exactly how to do the job. Until now! I found this little tutorial and I am so excited to get this job started. I even have fabric, somewhere, that I can use. Let's get this reupholstery party started!

This is a finished project using the method described below...
Photos and instructions found here.

Results to follow one day in the future. Hopefully before I have grandchildren.

No comments:

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs