Friday, May 22, 2009

Summer Reading List


I haven't been able to read a book for quite a while now. I just don't have time and if I do sit down to read I fall asleep. But now I'm itching for a few good reads. So here is my summer reading list.....
Austenland by Shannon Hale
The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale (yes, I love Shannon's books)
Just Jane by Nancy Moser
Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophia Kinsella (I bought this book a couple months ago and then my 14 yr. old claimed it)
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett (I've gotten mixed reviews on this one so I need to check it out for myself, and it's been on my bookshelf for a long time)
My Antonia by Willa Cather (I've had this book even longer)
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini


And here are some from the "classics" that are on my reading list...
Tess of D'Ubervilles by Thomas Hardy
Atonement by Ian McEwan (The movie is rated R so reading the books is ok, right?)
Count of Monte Cristo by Alex Dumas (I can't believe I've never read this one)

Now I just need a cozy chair and a wide-open summer.

What will you be reading?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm reading the first Princess Diaries book right now. I saw it at the library and had to get it. It's very cute, now I will have to get the others. I like it when I find a series.

The Shannon Hale books are on my list too.

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs