Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Summer Skirts

This summer I vow to wear more skirts. And I vow to learn to make the perfect skirt. Well, perfect as in, "I have nothing else to wear so I'll wear my favorite skirt!" Check out these pretties...

Aren't these perfect for summer? And they are from LL Bean. I don't think I've looked at an LL Bean catalog since the 90's.
Love this simple skirt. And she claims it only takes 20 minutes to make. You can find the instructions here.
Photo from here
Click here for another awesome skirt tutorial, with pockets!

2 comments:

Mama Runner Parker said...

I made the ruffles and stuff skirts--and they do only take 20 minutes...okay, 30 for me but 20 for a faster sewer. I made two for me and two for Susie and I see many more this summer. I've sorta come to prefer skirts over shorts in summer, so I figure "play skirts" for Mama and Susie are good things to have around.

Jennifer P. said...

I think only you could pull of a skirt with horizontal stripes--it would make my hips look even more gigantic than they are. I think I might be able to get away with the yellow one though.

Good luck on the sewing!

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs